- The latest changes to laws (e.g. Where is marijuana legal now? What does legalized marijuana mean, exactly, and does the definition change from state to state?)
- What the different types of drug tests are, what they test for, their accuracy and which ones can be done at home.
- What are the pros and cons of drug testing my child?
- What are common ways that people try and cheat on drug tests. Do any of these ways work?
- What is "fake weed?" Is it better for you than real weed? And legal? And easily accessible?
- What are the latest commonly abused drugs, common combinations of these drugs, and their physiological effects and consequences?
As a parent of a teen, I certainly feel better prepared knowing this information and my son and I have had excellent and open conversations on these topics. Not only does he feel empowered to make positive choices with the knowledge that he has gained, but he also feels better prepared to handle peer pressure.
I'm looking forward to announcing the new edition of this book and will be in touch soon!